Friday Finds #33



Friday finds is a meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading which showcases the books you've recently ‘found’ and added to your To Be Read (TBR) list.

Hey Book Nerds! :D How are you all doing today? I've been so tired this week and I've just sleeping lots, so I'm sorry for the lack of updates! I've not posted a Friday Finds post in AGES so I thought today would be a good day so show you a few of the books I've added to my TBR list recently. :) Anyway, I finished reading Vampire Academy the other day and I LOVED IT! It's such a fantastic book; I really can't wait to read more of the series. :3 However, now I'm currently reading Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder and I'm enjoying it as well. ^.^ I'm not that far into it, but oh well. That's it for today; I hope you're all looking forward to your weekend. :)

Friday Finds

Love Is A Number by Lee Monroe.
When her beloved boyfriend Huck dies, Eloise is wrecked. All she has left of him are the texts that he sent: short, succinct - but full of love. They keep Huck alive. And so Eloise texts him back as if he can receive her messages from beyond the grave. She never expected to get a reply ....

Dan is travelling South America in one last hurrah before university and real life kick in. He's ready for love, but not of the casual kind. He's not met a girl that's set his world alight. But he's ready for her when she decides to make an appearance. One night on his travels, Dan discovers an abandoned phone. He pockets it, then forgets about it. He never expected it to ring ....

Alice in Zombieland (White Rabbit Chronicles, #1) by Gena Showalter.
She won’t rest until she’s sent every walking corpse back to its grave. Forever.
Had anyone told Alice Bell that her entire life would change course between one heartbeat and the next, she would have laughed. From blissful to tragic, innocent to ruined? Please. But that’s all it took. One heartbeat. A blink, a breath, a second, and everything she knew and loved was gone.

Her father was right. The monsters are real….
To avenge her family, Ali must learn to fight the undead. To survive, she must learn to trust the baddest of the bad boys, Cole Holland. But Cole has secrets of his own, and if Ali isn’t careful, those secrets might just prove to be more dangerous than the zombies….

I wish I could go back and do a thousand things differently. I'd tell my sister no. I'd never beg my mother to talk to my dad. I'd zip my lips and swallow those hateful words. Or, barring all of that, I'd hug my sister, my mom and my dad one last time. I'd tell them I love them. I wish... Yeah, I wish.

Zombie Blondes by Brian James.
From the moment Hannah Sanders arrived in town, she felt there was something wrong. A lot of houses were for sale, and the town seemed infected by an unearthly quiet. And then, on Hannah’s first day of classes, she ran into a group of cheerleaders—the most popular girls in school. The odd thing was that they were nearly identical in appearance: blonde, beautiful, and deathly pale. But Hannah wants desperately to fit in—regardless of what her friend Lukas is telling her: if she doesn’t watch her back, she’s going to be blonde and popular and dead—just like all the other zombies in this town...

Immortal Beloved (Immortal Beloved, #1) by Cate Tiernan.
New name, new town, new life. Nastasya has done it too often to count. And there's no end in sight. Nothing ever really ends ...when you're immortal. But now, after centuries of feeding from the lives of the innocents around her, of living with little care for others, Nastasya is ready to turn towards the light. 'After some of the events I've witnessed I felt like I was a shell with nothing alive left in me. I hadn't been going around killing people, but people were hurt -- the memories just kept trickling in like rivulets of fresh acid dripping into my brain until I wanted to scream. It was in my blood, I knew. A darkness. The darkness. I had inherited it, along with my immortality and my black eyes.'

Summaries from Good Reads. I think all of these books look really good! I've heard some great things about Alice in Zombieland and I really want to pick myself up a copy. :) I've not heard much about Love Is A Number and Zombie Blondes, but I think they look like really fun and quick reads! :D As for the covers; I'm not a fan of Love Is A Number's cover, it seems a bit childish, but I love the rest. I don't really have a favourite. ^.^ Have you read any of my finds this week? Let me know! :)



What are your Friday Finds for this week? Leave me a comment or a link to your blog post and I'll be sure to check it out! ^.^ Happy reading! (:

0 comments:

Post a Comment