"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Hey Book Nerds! ^.^ How are you all doing today? I'm sorry I've been so pre-occupied and things lately, I've been a bit down and distracted. However, I hope to get back more into this blog very soon! :D I'm still reading Memoirs of a Teenage Amnesiac, and I have to say - it's pretty good. :) It's not amazed me yet, but I'm sure it'll get better. ^.^ I hope you're all enjoying your week so far. :D






Title: Dead Jealous.
Author: Sharon Jones.
Expected Publication: July 4th, 2013.
Publisher: Orchard Books.
Format: Paperback, 304 pages.



People think of Mother Nature as a gentle lady. They forget that she's also Death...Sixteen-year-old Poppy St John believes in quantum particles, not tarot cards, in Dawkins, not druids. Last summer, in a boating accident in the Lake District, Poppy had a brush with death. But the girl she finds face down in Scariswater hasn't been so lucky.

As she fights to discover the truth behind what she believes is murder, Poppy is forced to concede that people and things are not always what they seem and, slipping ever deeper into a web of lies, jealousy and heart-stopping danger, she comes to realise - too late - that the one thing that can save her has been right there, all the time.

I REALLY love the looks of this book, it looks fantastic. I am a huge sucker for murder mysteries; I think they're so fun to read. :P I'm not sure if that's really a good thing though... ^^; Anyway, I really can't wait for the release of this book. :) As for the cover, I'm really not that keen on it at all! D: I LOVE the typography, but that's its only redeeming quality I'm afraid. What do you guys think?



What are you "Waiting On" this Wednesday? Leave me a comment or a link to your blog post and I'll be sure to check it out! :D Happy Reading. (:



5 comments:

  1. I got this in manuscript form last year and haven't read it yet, can't believe it releases so soon!

    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god! I have never heard of this before but it looks FANTASTIC! The synopsis gave me the shivers, and LOOK at that cover! I am adding it to my TBR right now!

    - Juhina @ Maji Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this sounds amazing. TBR for sure!

    New Follower <3!
    Beth | The Reading Vixens [Formerly YA Vixens]
    Vixen's WoW!
    Enter our FIRST OFFICIAL GIVEAWAY @ The Reading Vixens!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover is eye catching and a good mystery always keeps my attention. Great pick!

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW.

    Arlene @ WinterHaven

    ReplyDelete