Friday Finds #37



Friday finds is a meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading which showcases the books you've recently ‘found’ and added to your To Be Read (TBR) list.

Hey Book Nerds! :) How are you all doing today, have you had a good week? I've had a bad week myself; a few days ago I hurt my back somehow. I just woke up one morning and I was in complete agony. D: So, I’m been stuck in bed for ages, as even just sitting down made it hurt so much. >.> Luckily I’m on some strong pain killers and it’s feeling much better than it was. :) The kittens have become so brave recently, they’ve been venturing upstairs and taken to walking all over my bed and climbing in my bookcase – I hope they don’t start chewing my books! Moving onto my reading, I’m currently reading Crash Into You by Katie McGarry and I’m LOVING it – I’m about half way through and don’t want it to end. A review of it will be up a few days after I finish it! :D As for my YouTube videos, I recently posted a Vlog, and the kittens are featured in it, so for those of you who wanted to see them – go check it out! They’ll also be in my Document Your Life video for November, which I’ve edited and I’m just waiting for a good time to upload it – keep an eye out for that! Anyway, that’s it for today, talk again soon. ^.^

Friday Finds

Young, Gifted and Dead by Lucy Carver.
You can’t get into St Jude’s Academy unless you’re gifted, talented and supremely rich. New girl Alyssa is on a scholarship and feels like an outsider - she's not even that smart, apart from her photographic memory (and that's cheating, right?). Then one day her room-mate Lily is found floating face down in the lake. It looks like suicide, but, torn apart with guilt and grief, Alyssa is convinced that things aren't as they seem. Soon a jolted memory puts her on the trail of a sinister secret that might hold the clues to Lily's suspicious death. But Alyssa is in too deep, and she's being watched . . .

Countdown by Michelle Rowen.
3 seconds left to live. Once the countdown starts, it cannot be stopped.
2 pawns thrown into a brutal underground reality game.
Kira Jordan survived her family's murder and months on plague-devastated city streets with hard-won savvy and a low-level psi ability. She figures she can handle anything. Until she wakes up in a barren room, chained next to the notorious Rogan Ellis.
1 reason Kira will never, ever trust Rogan. Even though both their lives depend on it.
Their every move is controlled and televised for a vicious exclusive audience. And as Kira's psi skill unexpectedly grows and Rogan's secrets prove evermore deadly, Kira's only chance of survival is to risk trusting him as much as her instincts. Even if that means running head-on into the one trap she can't escape.
GAME OVER

Dead Time (The Murder Notebooks, #1) by Anne Cassidy.
Rose and Joshua first met when Joshua and his dad came to live with Rose and her mum. Then their world turns upside down when their mother and father go out for dinner one evening and never return. With police inquiries going nowhere, Rose is dispatched to live with her chilly, unfriendly grandmother and Joshua is sent to live with his uncle. Then Joshua comes to London to study and Rose is witness to not one, but two murders. Why is this happening to Rose? Can it be anything to do with the investigations Joshua has been doing into the disappearance of their parents?

The Girl of Fire and Thorns (Fire and Thorns, #1) by Rae Carson.
Once a century, one person is chosen for greatness.
Elisa is the chosen one.
But she is also the younger of two princesses, the one who has never done anything remarkable. She can't see how she ever will. Now, on her sixteenth birthday, she has become the secret wife of a handsome and worldly king—a king whose country is in turmoil. A king who needs the chosen one, not a failure of a princess.
And he's not the only one who seeks her. Savage enemies seething with dark magic are hunting her. A daring, determined revolutionary thinks she could be his people's savior. And he looks at her in a way that no man has ever looked at her before. Soon it is not just her life, but her very heart that is at stake.
Elisa could be everything to those who need her most. If the prophecy is fulfilled. If she finds the power deep within herself.
If she doesn’t die young.
Most of the chosen do.

Summaries from Good Reads. Okay, so wow! I think that all of these books look REALLY good! I actually saw a copy of Young, Gifted and Dead in my local WHSmith and thought it looked amazing, so when I came home I looked it up on Good Reads and it's also had some awesome reviews. :) I really want to purchase a copy, but at the moment I can't afford too, which sucks - but oh well. I'm pretty sure Countdown is a 2013 release, and I hadn't heard of it until recently, but I think it looks really fantastic. It kind of reminds me of The Hunger Games, I'm not sure if it actually is - but I really want to pick myself up a copy when I get the chance! Dead Time I heard of because the third (or fourth) book in the series is being released soon, and I got a memo from the publishers about it - so I thought I'd check out the first book - and despite the ugly cover, I think it looks great. :D Lastly, the thing that made me want to read The Girl of Fire and Thorns is the GORGEOUS cover! :D I saw the cover and knew I had to check it out and I think it looks like a really interesting fantasy book. :) Have you read any of my finds this week? Let me know! :)



What are your Friday Finds for this week? Leave me a comment or a link to your blog post and I'll be sure to check it out! ^.^ Happy reading! (:


1 comments:

  1. Young, Dead and Gifted is only £2.99 on the kindle so I bought it on that as I am very broke at the moment, I read it a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete