Friday Finds #30



Friday finds is a meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading which showcases the books you've recently ‘found’ and added to your To Be Read (TBR) list.

Hey Book Nerds! :D How are you all doing today? :) Can you believe it’s the 3rd of May already? Where on earth did April go? The month seems to have flown by! :P Anyway, It's been another lovely day, weather wise today, so I ended up filming two videos; my Stacking The Shelves post, which will be up tomorrow and my April 2013 Wrap-Up which will be up on Monday. :) This is all assuming that my internet will allow it of course! :P So stay tuned for those. ^.^ I’m still reading Lost In Thought by Cara Bertrand, and I’m really enjoying it so far! My reading has been really slow over the last couple of days for some reason, so hopefully it’ll pick up again soon. :3 I bet you’re all glad it’s finally Friday. :) Have a great day! :D

Friday Finds

You Are Here by Jennifer E. Smith.
Emma Healy has grown used to being the only ordinary one in her rather extraordinary family. But when she finds a birth certificate for a twin brother she never knew she had, along with a death certificate dated just two days later, she realizes why she never felt quite whole. She sets off on a trip to visit her brother’s grave. Peter Finnegan, her neighbor, comes along for the ride. Emma thinks they can’t possibly have anything in common, but with each passing mile, they find themselves learning more and more about themselves and each other.

Deception (Haunting Emma, #1) by Lee Nichols.
When Emma Vaile's parents leave on mysterious business trip, it gives her the perfect excuse to be a rebellious teen. Throw some parties, get a tattoo (or maybe just a piercing), and enjoy the first few weeks of her junior year. Then her best friend stops talking to her, the cops crash her party, and Emma finds herself in the hands of a new guardian--her college-age "knight in J.Crew armor," Bennett Stern--and on a plane to his museum-like mansion in New England.

After enrolling at Thatcher Academy, Emma settles in by making friends with the popular legacy crowd. But she can't shake the strange visions that are haunting her. She has memories of Thatcher she can't explain, as if she's returning home to a place she's never been. Emma doesn't trust anyone anymore--except maybe Bennett. But he's about to reveal a ghostly secret to Emma. One that will explain the visions . . . and make Emma fear for her life.

Graceling (Graceling Realm, #1) by Kristin Cashore.
In a world where people born with an exceptional skill, known as a Grace, are both feared and exploited, Katsa carries the burden of a skill even she despises: the Grace of killing. Feared by the court and shunned by those her own age, the darkness of her Grace casts a heavy shadow over Katsa’s life. Yet she remains defiant: when the King of Lienid’s father is kidnapped she investigates, and stumbles across a mystery. Who would want to kidnap the old man, and why? And who was the extraordinary Graced man whose fighting abilities rivalled her own? The only thing Katsa is sure of is that she no longer wants to kill. The intrigue around this kidnapping offers her a way out – but little does she realise, when she takes it, that something insidious and dark lurks behind the mystery. Something spreading from the shadowy figure of a one-eyed king...

Wondrous Strange (Wondrous Strange, #1) by Lesley Livingston.
Since the dawn of time, the Faerie have taken. . . .
For seventeen-year-old actress Kelley Winslow, faeries are just something from childhood stories. Then she meets Sonny Flannery, whose steel-gray eyes mask an equally steely determination to protect her. Sonny guards the Samhain Gate, which connects the mortal realm with the Faerie's enchanted, dangerous Otherworld. Usually kept shut by order of icy King Auberon, the Gate stands open but once a year.

This year, as the time approaches when the Samhain Gate will swing wide and nightmarish Fae will fight their way into an unsuspecting human world, something different is happening . . . something wondrous and strange. And Kelley's eyes are opening not just to the Faerie that surround her but to the heritage that awaits her. Now Kelley must navigate deadly Faerie treachery—and her growing feelings for Sonny—in this dazzling page-turner filled with luminous romance.

Summaries from Good Reads. All of these books look really fantastic! Wondrous Strange and Graceling are both books that are a bit out of my comfort zone, but I'm trying to branch out more and look into reading more different genres of books. I've heard great reviews on both of them, so I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on them eventually. ^.^ Deception looks like an amazing book; I've not heard a lot about it - but I think it looks great. :) You Are Here looks like a completely amazing and emotional read! I've not read anything by Jennifer E. Smith. However, I do own a copy of The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, It looks amazing, but I have yet to get round to reading it - I'm sure she's an amazing author though. ^.^ As for my favourite cover - I love them all, I don't really have a favourite! :D Have you read any of my finds this week? Let me know! :)



What are your Friday Finds for this week? Leave me a comment or a link to your blog post and I'll be sure to check it out! ^.^ Happy reading! (:

1 comments:

  1. Ooh I haven't heard of You Are Here! I read and really enjoyed The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight so I hope you like it too! :) I've been meaning to read Graceling for so long - really must get round to it soon! Great selection of finds :D Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete