"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

Hey Book Nerds! :D I know I've been AWOL again for the last few days, and I don't really have a good reason for it. However, I'm going to try and make it up to you guys in any way that I can! :D Keep an eye out for my review of Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder and also over the next week days I'll be posting my exclusive interview with Chicken House Publishing! :D I'm currently reading This Is Not A Test by Courtney Summer, and I'm not that far into it - but I'm really not sure what I think of it so far. o_O The writing's a bit strange and different from what I expected - but I do love me some Zombies. :P Anyway, that's it for today, talk to you guys again soon! :D






Title: Cruel Summer.
Author: James Dawson.
Expected Publication: August 1st, 2013.
Publisher: Indigo.
Format: Paperback, 324 pages.



A year after Janey’s suicide, her friends reunite at a remote Spanish villa, desperate to put the past behind them. However, an unwelcome guest arrives claiming to have evidence that Jane was murdered. When she is found floating in the pool, it becomes clear one of them is a killer. Only one thing is for certain, surviving this holiday is going to be murder…

My gosh, I am SO excited for the release of this book - I can't even begin to explain how much I want to read it! I've read James Dawson's other novel, Hollow Pike and I absolutely adored everything about it - it's one of my favourite books. James’s writing is amazing and I can't wait to read more from him! I'm not that keen on the cover for this book; it's really boring compared to his other book cover, but oh well. :) (I do like the font though) I can't believe it comes out tomorrow! It's such a shame I can't order it yet as I don't have the money to pay full price for it at the moment. Hopefully soon I will though! What do you guys think of the looks of this book, have you heard of it before? :) Let me know! ^.^



What are you "Waiting On" this Wednesday? Leave me a comment or a link to your blog post and I'll be sure to check it out! :D Happy Reading. (:

6 comments:

  1. You know i haven't heard of any of James Dawson's Books but this one sounds pretty interesting, especially if there's murder O.O Checked out his other book right now and yeah I like the Hollow Pike one a bit more. But this one's still pretty :D

    -Great Pick Tiffa, much bloggy <33
    Lisseth @ Read-A-holicZ [My WoW]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just bought Hollow Pike (so glad you liked it!) and I'm hoping to read it before Leakycon next week where James Dawson will be a guest. I'll probably be checking out this one at some point too! Great choice :D

    Here's my WoW

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound awesome. I love YA mysteries! I agree that the cover is pretty...meh, but hopefully the story will be more interesting. Great pick! I'll definitely be on the lookout for this one.
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds fantastic!!! Hope you get to read it soon! Nice pick!
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read Hollow Pike yet(still sitting on my shelf), and hadn't heard of this one. At least this cover doesn't freak me out as much as Hollow Pike did! Sounds good though. Great pick!

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have dying to get my hands on this book for months and hopefully in the next few days it will be popping through my letterbox! I adored Hollow Pike and I just know from the sounds of this that James is going to become my favourite author over the coming years, I don't think we have enough YA horror!

    ReplyDelete