Friday Finds #15



Friday finds is a meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading which showcases the books you ‘found’ and added to your To Be Read (TBR) list. Whether you found them online, in a bookstore, or in the library - wherever! (they aren’t necessarily books you purchased).

Hey book nerds! :3 I hope you're all doing well. ^.^ I'm great myself, and I hope you're having a great week - TGI Friday! xD The Pretty Little Liars TV show has started up again this week after it's mid-season break - so me and my mum are really pleased it's back on. :) As for my reading and such, I've finished Breathe and have written a review of it, along with one for City of Bones, both will be up soon. I started reading The Declaration by Gemma Malley last night and I think it's quite good so far. Also, don't forget to enter in my current giveaways. (:

Friday Finds

Betwixt by Melissa Pearl.
Beautiful, wild-child Nicole Tepper is hit by a car and left for dead. But when she wakes the next morning, Nicole finds herself in bed without a scratch. Perhaps she was more intoxicated than usual, as her mother is giving her the silent treatment and her friends are ignoring her as well. Things take a turn for the weird when Nicole soon discovers she is actually hovering between life and death. Her body is lying in the forest while her spirit is searching for anyone who can hear her. Unfortunately the only person who can is Dale Finnigan, the guy she publicly humiliated with a sharp-tongued insult that has left him branded. Desperate, Nicole has no choice but to haunt Dale and convince the freaked-out senior to help her. Will he find her body before it's too late? Or will the guy who tried to kill her with his car, beat him there and finish her off before anyone finds out?

Where It Began by Ann Redisch Stampler.
Gabby Gardiner wakes up in a hospital bed looking like a cautionary ad for drunk driving—and without a single memory of the accident that landed her there. But what she can recall, in frank and sardonic detail, is the year leading up to the crash.
As Gabby describes her transformation from Invisible Girl to Trendy Girl Who Dates Billy Nash (aka Most Desirable Boy Ever), she is left wondering: Why is Billy suddenly distancing himself from her? What do her classmates know that Gabby does not? Who exactly was in the car that night? And why has Gabby been left to take the fall? As she peels back the layers of her life, Gabby begins to realize that her climb up the status ladder has been as intoxicating as it has been morally complex...and that nothing about her life is what she has imagined it to be

The Adoration of Jenna Fox (Jenna Fox Chronicles, #1) by Mary E. Pearson.
Who is Jenna Fox? Seventeen-year-old Jenna has been told that is her name. She has just awoken from a year-long coma, and she's still recovering from the terrible accident that caused it. Her parents show her home movies of her life, her memories, but she has no recollection. Is she really the same girl she sees on the screen? Little by little, Jenna begins to remember. Along with the memories come questions—questions no one wants to answer for her. What really happened after the accident?

The Secret Hour (Midnighters, #1) by Scott Westerfeld.
Nobody is safe in the secret hour. Strange things happen at midnight in the town of Bixby, Oklahoma. Time freezes. Nobody moves.
For one secret hour each night, the town belongs to the dark creatures that haunt the shadows. Only a small group of people know about the secret hour -- only they are free to move about the midnight time. These people call themselves Midnighters. Each one has a different power that is strongest at midnight: Seer, Mindcaster, Acrobat, Polymath. For years the Midnighters and the dark creatures have shared the secret hour, uneasily avoiding one another.
All that changes when the new girl with an unmistakable midnight aura appears at Bixby High School. Jessica Day is not an outsider like the other Midnighters. She acts perfectly normal in every way. But it soon becomes clear that the dark creatures sense a hidden power in Jessica . . . and they're determined to stop her before she can use it.

Summaries from Good Reads. I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on all of these! I saw a copy of The Secret Hour by Scott Westerfeld (the author of the Uglies series) in a Charity shop, and I wish I picked it up now... Oh well. For Betwixt, I heard about it via Ya-Aholic as one of her top 2012 books - and I love the looks of it. ^.^ As for the other two, I just think they look incredible. I love all the covers, but my favourite is probably Where It Began's cover - it looks gorgeous. :3



What are your Friday Finds for this week? Leave me a comment or a link to your blog post and I'll be sure to check it out! ^.^ Happy reading! (:



1 comments:

  1. Hi Tiffa,
    Thanks so much for mentioning the cover of Where It Began! I think it's gorgeous, too; I feel so fortunate to have it on my book. And now, when I think about the character of Gabby, she has that face. I do hope that you'll like the book as well.
    All the best,
    Ann

    ReplyDelete