I've been nominated for a Blog Award! How crazy is that? :D I've only been blogging since the end of September, yet I feel like I've been doing it for years. I love my blog and my wonderful followers. So thank you all for being awesome. ^.^ Also, I'd like to thank, Sarah from Book-A-Holic for nominating me - it was so nice of her! :D I'm still trying to figure out why she thought my blog was good enough, but I'm trying not to question it. ^.^ I've never been nominated for anything before, so this is an honour! :3
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)
4. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
Questions From Sarah
1. Why did you start blogging?
Well, I've always wanted to work my own blog, yet could never seem to stick at it. I had a Beauty Blog and YouTube account, because I'm a make-up enthusiast, but I always felt rediculous. However, when I found the book blogging community, I knew that's what I wanted to do. To share my love of books with everyone, and to keep track of my reading - so I started my blog. :)
2. If you could meet any author alive or dead who would it be and why?
It would have to be J.K. Rowling. :) Harry Potter is my childhood, and I've been following Harry Potter ever since I could remember. My mum used to read the books to me and my siblings whilst we all sat in the lounge and listened. Eventually, we ended up getting the Audio Tapes, read by Stephen Fry, and we'd listen to them instead. I think it was a bit of relief for my mum! :P The audio tapes are old and worn out now, but we still listen to them to this day. :)
3. What is your favorite novel that you were forced to read in school?
Probably Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare! At first, it felt like such a hardship, having to read the book in English class and having to dissect it and break it down. But when I actually got into the book, I found that I fell in love with it! I actually found myself looking forward to English so I could read some more and found it easy to answer the questions we were asked about it. :)
4. If you could travel to any world from a book which would it be and why?
Definitely the world of Harry Potter! When I was younger I used to wish that it was real and that I was a witch. I'd give anything to be able to go to Hogwarts. (: I don’t really have a proper explanation, other than the fact that it’s a story world I love! :D
5. If you could be friends with any book character who would it be?
Probably Chloe, from The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong. I think she's an awesome character and I also think we'd get along really well. :)
6. What is your favorite color?
Well, my favourite colour has changed so much! I used to change my favourite colour every month when I was younger, because I love loads of different shades and hues. However, whilst I got older, I stopped on my particular favourite - Purple! :D
7. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
Probably receiving feedback from other book bloggers and reading the lovely comments I get. Also, I love meeting and talking to people who have the same obsession as myself. :P Some of my friends do read, but not to the same extent as I do, nor always the same genres. So it's always great talking to people who have read the same books and are excited for the same pre-releases. ^.^
8. What is the one thing that bothers you most in books (pet peeve)?
Probably Insta-Love! It really irritates me. I don't believe the characters can meet for the first time and be in love straight away. I mean; there’s attraction, lust and wanting to be with the person - that's fine - but sudden, heart-breaking, soul-destroying love? No way! Especially if the characters don't know anything about each other, yet claim they love each other already. It just really irks me when authors write like that, because it doesn't happen in real life.
9. What was your favorite book of 2012?
Wow, I'm not enterily sure! I read so many incredible books last year that it's hard to pick. However, if I had to narrow it down to one, it'd have to be: The DUFF by Kody Keplinger. I was expecting to like it, quite a bit actually. But I wasn't expecting to fall in love with it! It's only a contemporary novel, but I thought it was incredible and I really loved it. The chemistry between the two characters made me swoons. (Yes! I used the word swoon. :P)
10. Have there been any books that you have read recently that have suprised you? Which ones?
Yes, there have been one or two. Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick is one. I wasn't expecting much from it actually, but picked it up because of all the people who've loved it and recommended it. I'm not a huge fan of Angels, but I found myself pleasantly surprised that I actually loved it! :D
11. Who is your number one book boyfriend?
Well, there's Severus Snape from Harry Potter, who's my book Husband. I'm totally obsessed with Severus and very much in love with him. :3 But as for a book boyfriend, probably; Jace from City of Bones. He's so dark, and mysterious and cute, I just want to pounce on him! Anyone noticing a bit of a pattern here? I love dark, brooding, mysterious and snarky characters... They are the best! >:D
Random Facts About Me
1. I have eleven piercings; five in my left ear, three in my right, two in my nose and one on my lip. I'm also getting a tattoo soon! :)
2. I own over 350 DVD's and I'm constantly watching them when I'm not reading. ^.^
3. I have a passion for Beauty and Makeup and I'm constantly creating new looks. I love eyeshadows and lipsticks the most. (:
4. I'm a really stubborn person, also, a perfectionist! I will work on something till it's fixed, even if it takes me hours. ^.^
5. I use way too many emotes whilst writing my blog and talking to people online. Tell me if it annoys you, okay? xD
6. I'm obsessed with Japan. I love everything about it, from the culture, right down to the anime. I can't wait to go there one day, and even hope to teach English there for a year.
7. I love reading Fan Fictions, especially about Harry Potter characters. My one true pairing is Hermione/Severus - I don't care about the age difference! :)
8. I love Pokémon, I don't care how old it is! I still watch the old episodes and play the Pokémon video games. ^.^
9. I have a strong dislike for deliberately illiterate people; people who 'tlk lyk dis'.
10. I'm obsessed with alternative rock music! Bands like; The Script, Avery Avenue & Lifehouse. I also love Japanese and Korean music! ^.^
11. My friends mean the world to me. I may not have that many, but the ones I do have are the most incredible people you'll ever meet. :)
- Michelle & Marissa @ Fangirl Hosteess
- Deidra @ Simply Books
- Sadie @ Lyrics
- Jennifer @ Dream Reads
- Sarah @ Total Teen Fiction
- Jenny @ Book Sojourner
- Deondra @ Library Baby
- Tiffany @ Book Cover Justice
- Jenea @ Books Live Forever
- Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows
1. What's your favourite Genre to read?
2. What do you enjoy most about Book Blogging?
3. Do you prefer Print books or e-Books?
4. Paperback books or Harback books and why?
5. What is the thing that annoys you most whilst reading a new book?
6. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
7. If you could be someone else for a day, who would it be?
8. What was your favourite book of 2012?
9. Who is your favourite Author and why?
10. If you were to write a book, what genre would it be and why?
11. What is your book boyfriend/husband/piece on the side and why?