Friday Finds #11



Friday finds is a meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading which showcases the books you ‘found’ and added to your To Be Read (TBR) list. Whether you found them online, in a bookstore, or in the library - wherever! (they aren’t necessarily books you purchased).

Hey book nerds! :3 How are you all doing today? ^.^ I'm doing okay, although I do have a bit of a sore throat. D: Apart from that I'm good though. What do you guys think of my new, festive layout?! :D It's so cheesy but I think it's really cute. xD I know it's not the most amazing layout, nor the most professionally done - but I'm awful at creating Holiday themed layouts - so I apologise! ^^;


Friday Finds

What's Left Of Me (The Hybrid Chronicles, #1) by Kat Zhang.
Imagine that you have two minds, sharing one body. You and your other self are closer than twins, better than friends. You have known each other forever. Then imagine that people like you are hated and feared. That the government want to hunt you down and tear out your second soul, separating you from the person you love most in the world.
Now meet Eva and Addie.
They don’t have to imagine.

As I Wake by Elizabeth Scott.
Ava is welcomed home from the hospital by a doting mother, lively friends, and a crush finally beginning to show interest. There's only one problem: Ava can't remember any of them - and can't shake the eerie feeling that she's not who they say she is. Ava struggles to break through her amnesiac haze as she goes through the motions of high-school life, but the memories that surface take place in a very different world, where Ava and familiar-faced friends are under constant scrutiny and no one can be trusted. Ava doesn't know what to make of these visions, or of the boy who is at the centre of them all, until he reappears in her life and offers answers . . . but only in exchange for her trust.

Something Like Fate by Susane Colasanti.
Best friends Lani and Erin couldn't be more different. Lani's reserved and thoughtful; Erin's bubbly and outgoing. Lani likes to do her own thing; Erin prefers an entourage. There's no possible way they could be interested in the same guy. So when Erin starts dating Jason, Lani can't believe she feels such a deep connection with him--and it may be mutual. The more Lani fights it, the more certain she feels that it's her fate to be with Jason. But what do you do when the love of your life is the one person you can't have?

The Forest Of Hands & Teeth (The Forest Of Hands & Teeth, #1) by Carrie Ryan.
In Mary's world there are simple truths. The Sisterhood always knows best. The Guardians will protect and serve. The Unconsecrated will never relent. And you must always mind the fence that surrounds the village; the fence that protects the village from the Forest of Hands and Teeth. But, slowly, Mary’s truths are failing her. She’s learning things she never wanted to know about the Sisterhood and its secrets, and the Guardians and their power, and about the Unconsecrated and their relentlessness. When the fence is breached and her world is thrown into chaos, she must choose between her village and her future—between the one she loves and the one who loves her. And she must face the truth about the Forest of Hands and Teeth. Could there be life outside a world surrounded in so much death?

Summaries from Good Reads. I love the covers for these books - they're gorgeous. Well, that's NOT including The Forest Of Hands & Teeth's cover, I really don't like that one - it's so boring. xD As for the books themselves, I think they all look incredible, I wish I could have them all now! The book I'm most excited about getting my hands on though, is What's Left Of Me. I'm really late adding this one to my TBR list, but oh well. ^.^ What do you think of my finds for this week? :3 I always love to hear your opinions. (:



What are your Friday Finds for this week? Leave me a comment or a link to your blog post and I'll be sure to check it out! ^.^ Happy reading! (:




0 comments:

Post a Comment