Friday Finds #3



Friday finds is a meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading which showcases the books you ‘found’ and added to your To Be Read (TBR) list. Whether you found them online, in a bookstore, or in the library - wherever! (they aren’t necessarily books you purchased).

Hey everyone! :) What do you think of my new layout? I've spent hours and hours working on it and I love it! It's very simple, but more professional looking than my previous one. I hope you like it too! I hope you're all doing well. ^.^ There's nothing else to say today, so I'll just get on with my post. (:

Friday Finds

As You Wish by Jackson Pearce.
Ever since Viola's boyfriend broke up with her, she has spent her days silently wishing--for someone to love her again and, most important, to belong again--until her wishes inadvertently summon a genie named Jinn out of his world and into her own. He will remain until she makes three wishes. But it's only after Viola makes her first wish that she realises she's in love with Jinn . . . and that if she wishes twice more, he will disappear from her life--and her world--forever.

Someone Else's Life by Katie Dale.
When seventeen-year-old Rosie’s mother, Trudie, dies from Huntington’s Disease, her pain is intensified by the knowledge that she has a fifty-per-cent chance of inheriting the crippling disease herself. Only when she tells her mum’s best friend, ‘Aunt Sarah’ that she is going to test for the disease does Sarah, a midwife, reveal that Trudie was not her biological mother after all... Devastated, Rosie decides to trace her real mother, hitching along on her ex-boyfriend’s GAP year to follow her to Los Angeles. But all does not go to plan, and as Rosie discovers yet more of her family's deeply-buried secrets and lies, she is left with an agonising decision of her own - one which will be the most heart-breaking and far-reaching of all..

New Girl by Paige Harbison.
They call me 'New Girl'... Ever since I arrived at exclusive, prestigious Manderly Academy, that’s who I am. New girl. Unknown. But not unnoticed—because of her. Becca Normandy—that’s the name on everyone’s lips. The girl whose picture I see everywhere. The girl I can’t compare to. I mean, her going missing is the only reason a spot opened up for me at the academy. And everyone stares at me like it’s my fault. Except for Max Holloway—the boy whose name shouldn’t be spoken. At least, not by me. Everyone thinks of him as Becca’s boyfriend…but she’s gone, and here I am, replacing her. I wish it were that easy. Sometimes, when I think of Max, I can imagine how Becca’s life was so much better than mine could ever be. And maybe she’s still out there, waiting to take it back.

Into The Deep by Lauryn April.
Ivy Daniels is a high school junior still learning who she is. After almost drowning, Ivy finds herself with an ability she doesn’t want, an ability to uncover secrets which quickly begins to redefine what she thinks about the people around her as well as herself. Because of this ability, Ivy becomes the one thing that stands between an angry teen and the death of every student on campus. The only problem is she doesn’t know who wants everyone dead. Will she figure out whose secret is that they’re planning to blow up her school, or will she fail to find him in time? Through her search to do the right thing, Ivy discovers that knowing the thoughts and secrets of those around her may just tear her apart.

Summaries from Good Reads. I hope you're all having a good week, are you glad it's nearly the weekend? One last thing before I go, what do you guys think of my way I do my 'Friday Finds' posts? Do you like the way it is now, or would you prefer me to leave the book summaries out and just link to their Good Reads pages with more books I've found? :D



What are your Friday Finds for this week? Leave me a comment or a link to your blog post and I'll be sure to check it out! ^.^ Happy reading! (:




0 comments:

Post a Comment